ABRACADABRA!

Now you see it; now you don’t! The handkerchief disappeared! It’s not magic! Our dog ate it! Our dog Booger ate my husband’s handkerchief. She ate the handkerchief that he placed on our end table. Fortunately Booger passed the handkerchief with no complications a couple days later. This not only happened once, but twice. The second time really woke us up to the fact that this could have been very serious or even fatal for our precious dog Booger. After receiving instructions from our veterinarian, she vomited the handkerchief that same day and from that day on we have been very cautious as to where we lay our hankies or anything else that we think she may find interesting to eat.

Now you see it; now you don’t! The rubber glove disappeared! I read a story about a dog that ate a rubber glove. If you use plastic or rubber gloves to handle or rub meats, please make sure you dispose of them properly and in a manner where your dog will not be able to find them. This dog wound up in surgery. The cost of the surgery was well over $2,000. The glove needed to be surgically removed from its intestines.

Now you see it; now you don’t! The chocolate candies disappeared! Friends of ours have a chocolate lab that ate a bowl full of chocolates (wrappers and all) and later had a series of seizures. This added to other complications for this 7-year-old lab and the total veterinarian bill calculated over $5,000.

Let there be no hocus-pocus! Check with your veterinarian before giving your pet any remedies for any illness or accidental ingestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment