Take Time For What's Important


I love to reminsce about pet sitting customers who became dear friends. One in particular was Hulda and her Golden Retrievers, Copper and Amber! I miss them so much and think of them often. Ahh! Such is life! Even though things do not remain the same, I continue to reminisce, read cards and letters from dear ones. Just the other day I came across a greeting card from my friend Hulda (her friends just call her "Hud"). She taught school here in my hometown for years. She became a dear friend of mine and I miss her greatly since she moved to Colorado to be with her son and his family.

 
The booklet's dated, 10 December 2002, it was a Christmas greeting booklet by Guideposts. It's so cute and I'd like to share the little poem on its back cover, by an unknown author. It sums up life ideally. I'm sure you'll agree. It's called, Take Time...
Take time to pray...it helps to bring God near and washes the dust of earth from your eyes.
Time time for friends...they are the source of happiness.
Take time for work...it is the price of success.
Take time to think...it is the source of power.
Take time to read...it is the foundation of knowledge.
Take time to laugh...it is the singing that helps with life's loads.
Take time to love...it is the one sacrament of life.
Take time to dream...it hitches the soul to the stars.
Take time to play...it is the secret of youth.
Take time to worship...it is the highway to reverence.

With tears in my eyes, I read Hud's greeting on the inside:










 










Thanks Hud! I miss you too. I think of you often and how you've been such a great encouragement to me! I shall never forget you and all the fun times we had with your dogs, Copper and Amber!
 
 
(Copper & Amber, from my Critter Album)
I wish I had a picture of Hud to add to my personal album. The last I heard, she was in a nursing home. I tried to reach her family, but to no avail. I'm so sorry I didn't take time to get her picture, but the one in my mind and heart will never go away. She's smiling and waving. That's the last mental picture I have of her when she was leaving for Colorado. What a neat lady and so glad we were friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment