Back to the Bible

Those who know me realize that I often jump around and don't stay focused too long on one project. Although with the help of others and definitely God's direction, I managed to publish "Family Journal Magazine" for 10 years, 1998 through 2008.

I have come to the conclusion that a jump-start is needed every morning to get myself back into the Word of God. I need to read the Bible everyday so I try to get synchronized with God, if that's really possible. I do want to be in tune to what God wants for me. I think everyone wants that.

So beginning on this date, I've started reading a daily devotional and the Bible. The devotional I have chosen to read everyday is "Rise and Shine" by Liz Curtis Higgs.

Reading today: "Rise and Shine, Sister Mine!"   (Thanks Liz -- those words hit me hard)

Bible reading: 

"Better is the poor who walks in his integrity
Than one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool." (Proverbs 19:1)

Father, thank you for your gentle hand in guiding me back to the Bible. Offering Your guidance and direction in a most subtle way. You are the One I will turn to and not a counterfeit or substitute of the world will ever be sufficient. Thank you for never giving up on me! In Your precious Son's name, Amen.

(Graphic - Painting: "Pray Today" -- I do not know the artist/owner of this painting. Although it may be over 75 years old and the copyright may not be exclusive as it once was. Intention is not to infringe on the use of this print/painting. Using for noncommercial use only.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment