This Critter Sister Does Her Homework

Since being a publisher for many years, I always receive "permission to reprint" on every piece or photo that is "owned" by someone else. Although some people must not think I do my homework. Seeing the Norman Rockwell print on the cover of "PUPS Digest", someone said, "do you know that print is copyrighted?" "Of course," I said. "permission was received from the Norman Rockwell Museum."

It's not surprising that some people inquire about this as plagiarism is everywhere on the Internet. Yes, this Critter Sister does her homework and would never knowingly publish anything that belongs or holds a copyright by someone else, without receiving written permission.

I do hope others who have websites and publications seek permissions first before using materials owned by others. The natural thought for most people is that if it's on the Internet, it's free to use. That's not always the case. It's pretty harmless in an email to send others' materials. Although if one plans to "spread it around" on the Internet or place on a website, please seek permissions first. It's just the right thing to do!

Actually, I am waiting on permission to reprint some pictures and a story about a rescued greyhound. Hoping to receive the permission needed before posting. If I don't receive, no post. I suppose I will conjure up my own story and materials. That's what I should do anyway!

0 comments:

Post a Comment