What's Your Mission in Life?

May I ask you a question: what's your mission in life? Is it protection of animals or children? Is it to be successful in your profession? Is it a sport, ie golf, boating?

I am very sure there's not a person out there who doesn't have a mission. Even if he doesn't say it out loud, he has one! Perhaps it's just a mission to go nowhere! I don't know about you, but I want my mission in life to count, trying to make a difference each day I live! Just the other day, I had to laugh at a guy ahead of me in line at Meijer...grabbing his sack he enthusiastically said to the checkout lady, "I'm a man on a mission!" That's all I heard, but I thought it was neat - a guy focused! I wanted to run after him and find out more about his mission. This is exactly part of the reason, we've started a quarterly publication called: "On a Mission...a Journal by the Season"...coupled with a social media presence, like here and other places too! It shall prove interesting, no doubt!

It was my mom who got me started thinking about "missions" in life. She had a mission even with her late age of 93. It continues today as her legacy. I'd like to share it with you.

In 2012, I just purchased my new computer/video phone and wanted to try it out. Since I visited my mom everyday in the nursing home, I thought I'd ask her for an interview. She just had her hair done and looked so cute.

"Mom, is it okay if I interview you?" She looked at me and gave me an okay nod. Here we go! What do you think about tattoos?...no answer on that one. Either she didn't hear me or refused to answer. She looked to be totally disgusted with the question...she was definitely 'old-school'...(grin).

Next question: "Mom, if you could change the world - what would you do?" What would I change in here, she asked. No, the world. "I'd tell people about Jesus." Okay, but you can't work your way to Heaven though, can you? "No, but I could tell people about the Lord!" Wow! She placed something on my conscience that will never go away. I am so happy I interviewed her that day and will always have that video to reflect her love of Jesus. The more I watch that video...the more I want to share the love of Jesus, "to tell people about the Lord"...just like she said!

That's why we've started this magazine (and online presence too) is to continue a legacy set by my mom and continued by me (and others helping with this publication). We are not in this for profit, but to establish a mission that will continue indefinitely. Asking for your prayers and go tell others about how to receive their complimentary copy.

If you wish to sponsor, let us know. Ads for the premier media kit issue are: inside front page ($800); inside back page ($700); back cover ($750); full page $600; half page $300; quarter page $150. Contact me, Carolyn, by email at: wmematt1820@gmail.com or the address below.

Send your request for your complimentary copy to: On a Mission...a Journal by the Season, Post Office Box 65, Tremont City, OH  45372. 

If you have questions or need more information, just let me know.

Signed:
Carolyn...Another Woman on a Mission


0 comments:

Post a Comment